Barnhart Rice House

The Barnhart Rice Homestead, sometimes called the Stone House, was built in the 1820's from hand-hewn sandstone ashlar blocks quarried only a couple hundred yards from where it stands. The homestead is one of the very best surviving examples of German vernacular architecture that exists within Wayne County. Restoration and preservation of the Barnhard Rice Homestead is underway.
 
The Stone House is for University use only. Contact Debbie Shaffer at 330-263-3738 or shaffer.271@osu.edu.