Wooster Facilities

  • 1617 Payne Drive Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
    The Research Services Building was built in 1987. Here you will find the visitor center, OARDC administration, communication, the print shop, the fiscal office, human resources, outlying stations offices, and informational technology.  
  • 2122 Williams Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use

    The 85-acre Secrest Arboretum was established in 1909 by Edmund Secrest, the first state forester of Ohio. Although it is a research arboretum, over 7,000 people visit the gardens annually. The Ohio Nursery, landscaping industry and master gardeners depend on the Arboretum for training programs and evaluation of new plant introductions. The public simply enjoys its beauty and serenity. The Secrest Arboretum Support Council supports programs, planning and development. Many of the trees were lost in the tornado and about $400,000 in private donations have allowed restoration projects to develop rapidly. Another $20,000 has been donated for a beautification project on the core campus. 

  • 1716 Wilson Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
    Selby Hall was named for Augustine Selby, head of the Botany Department from 1906-1923. The building was built in 1972. Selby Hall houses the Department of Plant Pathology and the Molecular and Cellular Imaging Center (MCIC). 
  • This white brick house was built by Simon Rice around 1822 and is the second house to be built on lands that would later belong to the OARDC. The house is now home to the OSU Wooster Campus Police.

  • 1465 Campus Drive Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
    Built in 1923, Thorne Hall was named for the first full-time director of the Ohio Agricultural Experiment Station, Charles Embree Thorne. This building is home to the Department of Entomology, which includes the Bug Zoo and the Honey Bee Lab. 
  • 1355 Secrest Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
  • 1627 Thorne Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
    Williams Hall was built in 1957 and named for Carlos G. Williams, the second director of the Ohio Agricultural Experiment Station, 1921-1937. An addition was completed in 1967. Williams Hall houses the Department of Horticulture and Crop Sciences, the School of Environment and Natural Resources, the USDA Soft Wheat Quality Laboratory, and the Service Testing and Research (STAR) Lab. 

Pages