Wooster Facilities

  • 1399 Campus Drive Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
    The Administration Building was built in 1895, with the east wing being added in 1913. The building once housed all the departments on the station.Today it houses the Renovations Planning Office, Secrest Arboretum Office, OSU Extension, USDA Business Office.
  • 1625 Wilson Road Wooster, Ohio 44691
    The Arden Shisler Center for Education and Economic Development opened in August 2001 to provide the very finest environment for serious brain-storming sessions, collaborative exchanges of information and the development of creative solutions for education, business and industry.


    The center was named for Mr. Arden Shisler, former head of the Ohio Agriculture Commission and former Chairman of Nationwide Insurance, as an acknowledgment of his long-time support of sustained economic growth through improved communications and training.

    The Arden Shisler Center for Education and Economic Development is a full service meeting, conference and development facility unlike any other meeting venue in the Greater Cleveland area. We specialize in conference planning, event management and facilitation, business training and educational services, multimedia support and complete meeting packages designed to fit any budget.

    Contact Kim Sayers, Interim General Manager at sayers.1@osu.edu or 330-287-0100.

  • The Barnhart Rice Homestead, sometimes called the Stone House, was built in the 1820's from hand-hewn sandstone ashlar blocks quarried only a couple hundred yards from where it stands. The homestead is one of the very best surviving examples of German vernacular architecture that exists within Wayne County. Restoration and preservation of the Barnhard Rice Homestead is underway.
     
    The Stone House is for University use only. Contact Debbie Shaffer at 330-263-3738 or shaffer.271@osu.edu.
  • 1680 Madison Avenue Wooster, Ohio 44691
    Fisher Auditorium was built in 1968 and renovated in 2000. The Auditorium is named in honor of Ralph Fisher. The Fisher complex houses the 10,000 sq. ft. auditorium and over 8,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space, in addition to the Communications and Technology production unit, video classroom, and OARDC research library. The Auditorium has 976 seats (+12 wheelchair accessible spaces), each padded and equipped with a fold down writing surface. The Auditorium stage is equipped with a motorized screen and may be used for a variety of purposes including workshops, ceremonies, and concerts. It also has two 3500 sq. ft. exhibit areas, all equipped with screen and dimmable lighting. The exhibit area is wireless, Ethernet and cable ready, also includes multiple microphone jacks and electrical outlets. 
     
    Contact Debbie Shaffer at shaffer.271@osu.edu or 330-263-3738.
  • The Food Animal Health Research Program (FAHRP) success has been facilitated by the availability of laboratory and animal holding facilities capable of accommodating the unique research needs of the faculty investigators. The use of our gnotobiotic facility has been instrumental in the discovery of new microbes and their pathogenicity as well as in development of vaccines. The Food Animal Health Research Program has modern laboratories with the latest equipment, including AALAC accredited laboratory animal and germ-free facilities. This is the only facility in the world for procurement and maintenance of germfree food producing animals, in addition FAHRP maintains the only specific pathogen free flock of turkeys in the world. These resources are invaluable for the study of infectious diseases of food producing animals.

  • 1717 Thorne Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
    In 2010, a tornado laid waste to the Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering (FABE) research building and greenhouses on the OARDC Wooster campus. On May 10, 2012, a groundbreaking ceremony took place for the new FABE building. Two years later our FABE employees have a new place to call home. 
  • 1606 Williams Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
    Gerlaugh Hall was built in 1966 and named for Dr. Paul Gerlaugh, former chairman of the Animal Science Department. The building houses the Department of Animal Sciences
  • 1551 Thorne Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use
    Built in 1950, Gourley Hall was named for J.H. Gourley who served as chairman of the Horticulture Department from 1921 to 1946. The building houses the Department of Horticulture and Crop Science
  • 1391 Gerlaugh Drive Wooster, OH 44691 *Address not for postal use

    Hayden Hall houses the Soil and Environmental Biochemistry and Microbial Ecology Laboratory. 

  • 2122 Williams Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 *Address not for postal use

    The Physical Plant houses the Wooster campus Facilities Services department. 

Pages